Monday, November 29, 2010

Found Festive :: Giving Thanks

This season is full of thankfulness for my family. We are thankful for each other and for all the material blessings we are afforded. We are thankful for our relationships and the little things that make life more meaningful. And we are thankful for a transition into real-world employment (post-advanced degree) that has helped us get a firm footing. What a whirlwind the thanksgiving holiday was for us! And now Christmas seems to be bustling up right ahead.

We are thankful for our children and the amazing milestones they achieve. They are amazing and we marvel at every little thing. Today as we drove in the car, I heard a quiet and energetic song floating from the back seat... "Bingo had a name! Bingo had a name!" My son is very interested in all of the songs I knew as a child and sings "row, row your boat merrily down the stream" and "tinkle, tinkle little star... like a diamond in kai!" and with these songs he takes me back to my childhood when these songs were the backing track to my adventures and happiness.

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday! What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment