Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Found Food :: Apple of my Pie :: Apple Pie

photo © 2010 Adam & Lindsay Moore, all rights reserved

This is how I spent my day yesterday, peeling and coring apples and baking two of the most delicious apple pies. They filled my house with a familiar aroma of baking crust and spices. It was a delicious memory-filled day as I reflected on the many times I remember my mother rolling out pie crust and helping her fill them with the various types of filling for the holidays and other family occasions. My little boy "helped" me roll out the dough and watched the crust to make sure it was safe while I fluted the edge and transported the other filled pie to the oven. We had a wonderful time baking pies and canning the remainder of our applesauce and I am now officially done canning apples for the season. 

Now that I don't have 6 orchard boxes of apples in my kitchen I can do something else, like go outside and play with my children or crochet or sew or sleep... the list is endless.


No comments:

Post a Comment