Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Found for Home :: Gallery-wall-of-pictures-and-art


Ever since I moved into this house I have been trying to figure out what to do with the walls. When I was first an apartment dweller, hanging things on the walls was not allowed, painting was not allowed. Basically doing anything other than setting up furniture in a rental is frowned upon. So when I moved into a house that is "mine", meaning me, Husband and littles,  I decided it was high-time to put my millions of framed pictures on my walls! I am looking forward to expanding my gallery wall with some artwork and needle-craft (like cross-stitch, modern and cute of course). 

Do you want to make a gallery wall of your own? One of the best ways to do this is to lay out your frames on the floor in front of the desired wall in a format that is pleasing to you, take a picture of the "map" for reference and start hanging those frames! Varying sizes tend to look very nice together and adding small personal touches like my small frame with a beautiful cross-stitch in it add so much character to a gallery wall display. Don't worry about making a mistake, you can always take them down and put a tiny bit of white toothpaste in the nail hole and start over. 

I'll post more pictures as my gallery wall progresses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment