Monday, December 5, 2011

Found Festive :: Felt-Ball-Garland-and-Burlap-Christmas-Tree-Skirt


We have not yet upgraded to a full size tree since we moved into our home. We figure that keeping the small "apartment tree" that we have had for the past 6 years works with an 20 month old that might just find it fun to remove every single ornament within reach. We went to our local Homegoods in search of a table to house our pretty little tree and found this wonderful black round table that will look good whether it has a tree on it or not. We still had a little problem, the not so pretty green plastic base of the tree that made it look a little less than put together. I got a piece of burlap from my stash (addiction to cloth) and used a few of the hundreds of plastic bags we have from grocery trips to fill in around the base and tied the burlap with some brown baking twine a few times. I LOVE the result. My own version of a "ready to be planted", Charlie Brown-esque tree. 


I saw an idea for a felted ball garland that was more affordable both money and time-wise than its Anthropologie counterpart from last year. This garland seemed to be easy enough when I thought I would make the felted balls, but then I found the beauties below at my local Micheal's store and a light bulb went on! They were already made and most had holes in them for stringing onto a bracelet. So I went to work with some brown baking twine, knotting before and after each felted ball, and voila!



We're getting festive around here and enjoying all the Christmas preparations! Tonight it's letters to Santa at the North Pole...

How is your holiday decorating going?

No comments:

Post a Comment